Thursday, August 5, 2010

Return From Hiatus

The last few posts haven't dealt with dog park per se because we've been away on vacation, and left Our Best Friend behind.  Although we returned a few days ago, it's been pouring rain, and today was my first chance to get back to the park.

We went just before mid-morning, around 9:30.  It was an interesting welcome home; there was only one person I knew, and she and her Doberman pup are just acquaintances.  The two dogs sniffed one another cordially, and OBF went on his way. 

It was a good thing I brought my iPod; no one was in a social mood, not even the dogs.  Two men stood talking, but everyone else was doing his or her own thing.  A woman sat on a bench, writing on a pad.  Her dog ran up to sniff me, but when I stretched out my hand to pat him, he jumped back and ran off.  A man sat alone on another bench, as his dog romped around. OBF gave brief chase to a golden retriever cross, but then galloped past to the water fountain. (Our Best Friend is not very social on his best days.)  We walked the oval path that used to be the bus turnaround; another woman and her Rhodesian ridgeback took the path in the opposite direction.  We smiled at the Doberman pair each time we passed, but overall it was a solitary outing today.

Doesn't matter. It's still our dog park, and it felt good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment