Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award?!

Tail Waggin gave me-- wait for it-- a Stylish Blogger Award. Clearly this person has never met me; I wear clothing so old it's gone in and out of fashion several times. I guess she means my blog is stylish. There too, not sure I see it, but I'll take what I can get!

So the rules of this award are 1) to share seven things about myself and/or Our Best Friend and 2) to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers. Now, I regret to say I used up everybody I know in the Memetastic Award (yes, I know that's only five people, and yes, I know that makes me pathetic). So I'm afraid the Stylish Blogger Award buck stops here. Besides, every single blog I visit has the logo on its widget bar, I think everyone's gotten it at least twice, and so I don't feel particularly guilty not passing it along AGAIN. I hope I will be forgiven.

Here are six things you may or may not care to know about Our Best Friend, and one about me:

  1. When I drop kids off at their homes during carpool, he stands perfectly still in the back of the van, whimpering as he watches them go into the house. I think he can't stand seeing kids on the other side of the glass where he can't protect them.
  2. When we first got OBF, he wouldn't come on the beds no matter how much the kids coaxed him. Now he leaps up every night for a ten-to-twenty-minute cuddle, then goes off to sleep on the floor. He still will not come on my bed without express permission.
  3. In contradistinction to # 2, he appropriated the Middle Child's bed as his own during the day, yet will not sleep with the children at night. He still sneaks onto the couch in the middle of the night when everyone's asleep, even though he knows he's not allowed.
  4. I bought him diet food a few months ago, as he's getting a little chunky. He refused to eat it. When we tried mixing it with his regular kibble, he spit the pieces he didn't like onto the floor. We could tell he was only spitting out the diet stuff because of the size and shape.
  5. When he goes nose-to-nose with little dogs, his tail wags gently, and he has the most tender, goofy look you've ever seen on a dog's face.
  6. He can turn in a circle, beg, and play dead (although "play dead" looks more like "beg lying on your side" than "dead").
  7. My next dog will be small, female, and non-shedding.
That's about as interesting as it gets. Except for the time OBF almost ate the Morkie....

No comments:

Post a Comment